The main problem with many bloggers is that they want to update new content regularly, but actually, they can’t. Why? There are many factors involved. So to solve this, I’m gonna give you 5 tips on how to write blog posts fast to overcome the problem.
Hi everyone. Akid here.
Having the ability to write content quickly will benefit you tremendously. This is because of the 3 reasons: First, this will allow you to provide new content regularly to attract your readers back to your site. Secondly, your brand awareness will skyrocket, which results grant your site followers.
The third reason, for me, is the critical reason why you need to know how to write faster-
Regular posts give search engines more material to the index for your site. In addition, Google values websites that are updated often, so if you post new content on your blog regularly, it will come to a point where Google knows that your blog is an authoritative voice on the particular niche.
This will make search engines index your blog more often than static pages and obtain a higher ranking for your blog faster. If you wonder why some blogs can rank on the first page in minutes after they published new content, this is one secret.
However, no matter how hard we want our blog to be updated regularly, in reality, we have to agree not having enough time is the main obstacle.
Because before we start writing, we need to consider many factors. First, we must develop something to grab the reader’s attention and keep them interested throughout the experience. Second, we have to know about SEO best practices, do keyword research, creating an engaging intro, interesting body paragraphs that flow smoothly, and much more. This “preparation” process alone already consumes too much time.
So how to remedy this? How can we periodically deliver articles even though we’re busy with a day job and without sacrificing quality?
To Write Faster, You Need To Have Writing SOP
Based on my experience producing content since 2010, I have come to a conclusion to write fast, you need to create your own writing SOP. This SOP is meant to take out most of the planning/writing part, one that is the most time-consuming task, from you.
Many strategies can be used to produced new content faster. But to have your own SOP, you’ll need to have an idea of where to start and how it works. So I’m going to give you the headstart. Of course, you are free to adjust one of these so it can suit your writing styles and time.
There are 5 tips: plan the content, have blog posts goals, develop idea quadrant, have writing templates, and use Ai writing tools.
1. Plan your content first, so you know what you are going to write about
Planning your content strategy in advance is essential because it allows you to focus on what you are doing and not worry about what you will do (save time and produce articles faster).
When people write blog posts, they often don’t clearly outline what they want to say and communicate it best. So I believe map out your strategy first before diving into writing is the best thing to do.
One of the most practical ways to plan your content strategy in advance is to start with keyword research. First, you need to know what the keywords are. You should not be working on your content until you know the keywords and key phrases to help people find your article.
After getting a handful of keywords, used a spreadsheet and filling it with all the keywords you found for each month and even years ahead. You can even save these spreadsheets for different topics or niches if that’s what you prefer.
This strategy also helps with time management. For example, when you know how long your post will be, you can set up a schedule that fits the content to be published on specific days or weeks. This way, you won’t be stuck trying to think of new content every day and hoping it’s good enough!
2. Aim for what you want to achieve with your blog content by coming up with goals and objectives
These are the second most essential steps in creating a content plan. In addition, defining your goals and objectives will help you write faster. Before you begin the writing process, you should have an idea of what you are trying to accomplish. In the introduction of your post, be sure to spell out your goal and then how you plan on achieving it.
When writing your blog posts, it is crucial to know what your goals are before writing anything. For example, do you want to drive traffic? Make sales for your affiliate program? Increase brand awareness/mailing lists? This step will help you figure out how to best achieve those goals.
For example, an appropriate goal for this blog would be to share insights into improving our blogging skills. And a practical objective is a measurable result you want to achieve. A well-defined goal will ensure that you have a clear focus when writing. Writing with a clear purpose and objective means that you’re able to create content quickly.
Now, to pinpoint your new blog post goals, there are six steps you can take:
1) Find an idea (keyword)
2) Research the topic
3) Identify your target audience
4) Create a detailed outline of what you want to talk about in your article
5) Draft the first paragraph or two of the article, so it’s easier to edit later on
6) Draft an ending for the article
3. Develop an Idea Quadrant to Explore Ideas Faster&Increase Creativity
This is a way to explore your ideas more efficiently – by writing them in the four different quadrants. A quadrant system is a handy tool for any content writer. It can be used to explore ideas and increase creativity, which will help you write blog posts faster.
We can say it’s a brainstorming technique by capturing ideas that are generated during the process. This will help you pick new topics for future blog posts and get creative with other copywriting projects.
The four quadrants are:
– Negative space, where you write down all ideas that are negative or wrong;
– Promising space, where you write down all ideas that sound promising but need more research;
– Developed space, where you write down any idea that has already been developed and is ready to use;
– New space where you can start fresh and brainstorm new ideas.
The Idea Quadrant technique is beneficial for bloggers struggling with writer’s block or who don’t know what to write about. Start by writing four words in each quadrant of a piece of paper – one for the theme (idea), one for the purpose, one for your audience, and one for the emotion you want to convey (feel).
As you do this, you’ll start to see how each word intersects with every other part of your blog post and will be able to generate more creative content ideas.
4. Use writing templates to write blog posts fast
One of the reasons it’s hard to write fast is being stuck with planning article structure. To make sure the blog post is understandable for readers, the writer must carefully plan out its layout and put it logically. So to speed the writing, you can use writing templates.
What is the point of using templates?
We can say templates are like a guide when writing on a specific topic. It’s a pre-written format which all you do is just follow it when writing content. Templates can make the writing process less tedious and help to produce more structured content. They also save time when it comes to rewriting and editing.
There are many free templates on Google that you can use. However, if you want your own, here are some ideas that you can consider to develop your own style writing templates:
- Title: The title of the blog post is significant. Have keywords, and it should be catchy and original to encourage people to read it.
- Introduction: This paragraph should be concise. It should provide a summary of the piece you are going to write. The first paragraph will need to have a keyword.
- Body paragraphs: The body paragraphs will discuss the topic you want to cover in detail. Keep it interesting by including anecdotes, statistics, or stories that illustrate your point. It also was called subheadings. Write naturally here. Don’t stuff keywords.
- Conclusion: This is where you summarize what you have written in your blog post and say something profound and clever about the topic at hand. You can include a CTA (call to action) for the reader if they want more information on a specific topic or if they want to contact you for a consultation. Also, you can use this section as a starting point to engage: encourage readers to leave their comments.
5. Use AI Writing Tools
With AI writing tools, you can generate a blog post in a matter of minutes. These tools are easy to use, and they can be a great time saver for busy entrepreneurs or bloggers who are always on the go.
These AI writing tools take care of the more tedious parts of the process and help non-writers create readable articles without much effort. You just have to fill in some prompts with your content idea, and these AI assistants will produce content for you!
Some of the Ai writing tools out there:
- WordBrews: It uses the intelligent keyboard, powered by artificial intelligence, to help you write better content without dealing with writer’s block.
- WriteMonkey: It features a distraction-free mode that helps you focus on your writing without interruptions.
- TextSpin: This AI tool can be used for generating article ideas, titles, and even its entire content in a matter of seconds.
- Quill Engage: This tool helps you create customized content by predicting
My personal favorite is Rytr. Not only equipped with almost all functions like all premium AI programs, but the price is the cheapest among others. With just $20.30 per month, users will have unlimited characters and words generated. It has a demo version, too, so you might want to check it out.
As the name suggests, these tools automatically generate a blog post by analyzing a given topic. One of the benefits of using these tools is that they allow you to write a blog post on any topic without researching it.
But bear in mind these tools are not perfect, and they can’t generate high-quality content in some cases. So once you are done generating some content from it, you still might want to proofread it, adjust all the grammar mistakes/missed points, etc. Lastly, inject the content with your own personality/experiences to make it unique, quality, and fresh.
Conclusion – All We Need To Do Is Change Our Game Plan
I believe the faster blog is updated with new content, the better it will be. First, it will benefit ranking on SERPs. Second, when a blogger writes consistently, they will learn from what works and what doesn’t and make their content better by the day.
I hope these articles help fellow content writers who are struggling to produce new content. All we need to do is just change our game plan. Simple as that. If you feel this article helps, please share this article. Also, if you have your own way/opinions/ideas about this topic, leave your comment below.